Hi! I just posted an update to this information, which you can read here.
My post yesterday breaking down all the contested NC House & Senate races was pretty long (3700 words). Here’s a bare-bones distillation. It necessarily omits a lot of info.
- Voting is necessary (CRITICAL) but not sufficient.
- Donate to these candidates if you have money. Volunteer for their campaigns if you have time.
- Here are four organizations working to protect voting rights in NC:
- Here are three organizations who lobby, or endorse progressive candidates:
- Here are three absolutely critical state-wide races:
- The Republicans currently have supermajorities in both the NC House & Senate. To re-secure veto power for our next governor, current Democrats need to win all of their tight races, and we need to convert four seats in the House & four in the Senate.
- Here are 13 of the most critical/winnable seats in the House (look at my earlier post for the numbers & rationale for each, as well as additional races to watch):
- District 6: Warren Judge
- District 9: Brian Farkas
- District 36: Jen Ferrell
- District 41: Gale Adcock
- District 44: Billy Richardson
- District 46: Tim Benton
- District 49: Cynthia Ball
- District 92: Chaz Beasley
- District 93: Sue Counts
- District 115: John Ager
- District 116: Brian Turner
- District 118: Rhonda Cole Schandevel
- District 119: Joe Sam Queen
- Here are 9 of the most critical/winnable seats in the Senate (again, look at my earlier post for the numbers and rationale for each, as well as additional races to watch):
OK, that’s it. I still think you should go read my other post, but I totally understand if you don’t.